Monday, December 12, 2016

The Atonement of Jesus Christ

To: friends and family

If you guys still remember that guy that stopped us on the University Avenue and told us that he was less-active. He wanted us to reactivate him again and we had been coordinating with him. His name is Aaron. He is an actor and also teaches acting.  He was raised in the strong LDS family but it was him that fell out of the path. We were trying to get him back to church but it wasn't that easy... We supposed to meet with him again last Wednesday but he didn't show up.

During the weekly planning, I felt like we need to contact him again so we texted him and asked if everything was alright because it wasn't like him. He told us that he was going to admit himself to inpatient rehab from addicted to cocaine and alcohol. After he said, we both were bawling. We didn't realize how much we care about him..

So on that night, I highlight the scriptures that I like in the Book of Mormon and gave it to him before he left. He couldn't take it but his girlfriend said that she will read it for him while he is gone.  The elders were able to give him the priesthood blessing. They asked him to pray before they gave the blessing. It was the most sincere prayer that I've ever heard in my life.  In his prayer, he finally opened his heart, turned to the Lord and relied on the Atonement of Jesus Christ. His eyes were opened for the obvious blessings that he has received. His heart was broken. Everything that happened to him is a trail of his faith. I shared this scripture when we first met him Ether 12: 6. I couldn't help but cry.
I can say that I have a strong testimony about the Atonement of Jesus Christ and how it could help our life as we rely on him. Just like Aaron, the Atonement gives him hope, hope we will be able to do all the hard things because Jesus had already suffered the worst thing for us. I am so grateful for my Savior, my brother, Jesus Christ, and I know that without him, I wouldn't be able to live with Heavenly Father and my family again. 

Ps. Gwen just got baptized last Saturday! We met her last month and she was super prepared. She got baptized in 3 weeks! 

Ps2. We went to the fireside last Monday. William Tukuafu, Seahawks football player gave a talk.
Ps3. We will go to our mission president's house on Thanksgivings to have dinner with him! 

Love,
Sister Wat 


--
Sister Watanawongworakula
Washington Seattle Mission 
10675 NE 20th St. 
Bellevue, WA 98004

No comments:

Post a Comment