Monday, September 19, 2016

First week in Seattle!

Hello everyone!

I can't believe it has been a week since I got to Seattle! I really do enjoy the weather in Seattle so far. It has been sunny all week and cloudy just a little bit. My first area is Seattle YSA2. We mostly focus on the University of Washington. The place that we always go is called Red Square. There are so many students walking pass that area and I met a lot of Chinese students, my people!


First thing that I want to say on this weekly updated is there are so many MIRACLE  that the Lord has shown to us. First of all, Last Sunday, we went contacting after we had lesson with a member. However, none of us had enough pass a long card so we decided to go back to our apartment and get some. While we were walking back, I had a weird feeling that we should go back to the institute (where we have church) first to get our stuff. When we got all of our stuff, we started walking home the different way that we walked back from the university. We ran into 3 Chinese girls, we talked to them a little bit and found out that they were looking for Church!  I was like whoa! you three ran into the right person! Because it was around 4pm, so there was no church service. We gave them the overview lesson about our church, Jesus Christ, and God. We were able to get an appointment back with them so we will meet them again this Saturday. The cool thing was one of the girl who is Christian, Betty, she said that she was praying to find the true church and someone to help her friends understand more about Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. When they got out of the bus, they ran into us! I truly believe that it wasn't a coincident but it was the Lord's plan!!

I feel like I've learned something everyday, little by little. Charity and love were something that I've learned this week. We ran into a homeless guy and started talking to him. At first, all I wanted to do was to go back to the apartment and find something to eat since it was already dinner time. However, as I was talking to him, I found out that Joel, his name, was a super great guy. He was an active Mormon back in his 20's and he was trying to reactivate himself again. He asked us to talk to his father on the phone because his father is an active member and loves missionaries. While my companion was talking to his father, I had a chance to get to know him a little bit more. He told me that he wanted to start his life again and improve the quality of his community (the ave. next to our apartment where homeless people live) He also asked us if we could help (preach the gospel) his friend that is in jail right now because she needs the gospel in her life. While we were talking, he searched his backpack to give us a dream catcher. He said that it will protect us and help us to have a good night sleep.I couldn't believe that he could be so kind to us. He is homeless and has no job but still think about other people. This guy did completely change how I think about other people. We are all children of God and we should think and look at other people like the way God and Jesus Christ would look at us. We shouldn't judged other people based on their appearance but we should look into their hearts as we speak with them.

By the way, my trainer her name is Sister Olson from Idaho. She played basketball in college so my morning exercise is really interesting. Every two days, we go to the Red Square and she would run around me as I do my little cuties stretching.  
Ps. This is her second transfer so we are growing together

Here is a picture of us!

Sister Watanawongworakula
Washington Seattle Mission 
10675 NE 20th St. 
Bellevue, WA 98004

No comments:

Post a Comment