Monday, March 27, 2017

7 months?!

Hi everyone!

This week was awesome! I just hit my 7 months mark! Trust me I am not trunky haha. (trunky means that you are excited to go home and already packed your trunk)

 I got to go to the temple with the Laotian recent convert that I have been teaching her since I came to Lakeview area. I wasn't the one who baptized her but she asked me if I could go to the temple with her for her first time. I got permission from President so I got to go with her! She had a great time there and wants to come back again. She loves the temple and loves to perform ordinance for her family. I would encourage everyone to go to the temple nearby at least once a month. There are so many great things that you can do there and it is so peaceful to be in the temple when the world is going crazy. 

I got to go on a mini exchange with my sister training leader in cougar mountain again last Wednesday. The weather was really nice outside so we tried to do "tracting for service" it went well...... she picked a really rich neighborhood that everyone has someone to come do their yard and clean their house haha. so we went to the more humble part of the area and we tracted into a member that hasn't been to church for awhile. We didn't know that she was a member until we saw a book on her table that was one of the president's teaching. It went well and she gave us cheesecake!

Women conference last week was really great! I left my note in the apartment so I don't remember anything specially to write about. I usually reread general conference before I watch it and someone quoted from President Monson said "You can't direct the wind but you can adjust the sail." I really like this quote because I obviously can't control other people's agency but I can do my best to help them come closer to our Savior, Jesus Christ.




Love,
Sister Watanawongworakula

Washington Seattle Mission 
10675 NE 20th St. 
Bellevue, WA 98004

No comments:

Post a Comment